Do you comment on blogs? Here are five great reasons why adding comments is good for your social marketing and online profile.
- Creates opportunity – by regularly engaging on blogs you’re building your contacts and this can lead to more connections, guest post opportunites and new business.
- Raises your profile – adding interest to someone’s article gets you noticed by other readers and the blog author.
- Drives traffic to your own blog – it can drive more visits as other readers, commentators and the blog author will want to learn more about you. They may even leave you a reciprocal comment!
- You’ll learn something new – there’s nothing like a good debate and it will enrich your own experience.
- Sparks more blogging ideas – reading other blogs is inspiring and the debate may spark an idea to present an alternate view in your own article.
A few of extra tips:
- Research and comment on blogs that compliment your business and have the same audience as you to really see the benefits.
- Add a genuine comment. Simply saying ‘great article‘ or ‘really love your post‘ doesn’t offer any value. Say why you loved it, continue the debate by asking a question or putting another point of view across.
- Get a Gravatar (Gravatar.com) so a picture of you (instead of a grey head outline) will be shown with your comment. It pulls the photo registered to your email, and as if by magic, it will follow you everywhere. This will help build personal relationships and gets you noticed especially if it’s the same photo you use on your social networks.
- After you’ve added your comment, share on social networks. If you’ve taken the time to include a comment you probably think the blog itself is worth seeing, and what’s more your comment and link will reach even more people.
Now you’ve learned all of this, why not leave a comment in the box below and tell me which tip is your favourite or add your own!